Filled with immense culture and authentic tourists’ attractions, Sri Lanka is an island country. From traditional temples to exotic beaches, it is a perfect blend of traditional and modern heritage. With countless stunning religious spots, Sri Lanka is a hub of traditional temples. If you are looking forward to exploring some ancient temples in this beautiful country, then book your American Airlines Flights by visiting American Airlines Official Site today!
Here is the list of some traditional temples that you can visit when staying in Sri Lanka:
● The Kelaniya Raja Maha Vihara Temple: There is a belief among the Buddist that when Lord Buddha arrived in Sri Lanka for the third time, this temple was hallowed. It is widely famous because of an 18 foot long stone statue of the Bodhisattva Avalokitesvara.
● Dambulla Cave Temple: The temple is also famous as the Golden Temple of Dambulla. One of the well-preserved cave temple consisting of Lord Buddha’s cave paintings and statues. The cave complex contains five cave as the major tourist attraction.
● Koneswaram Temple: It is historically well-known as the thousand pillars. One of the Hindu temples in Sri Lanka holds a recorded history from 300 CE. Make quick American Airlines Reservations to visit the glorious temple.
● Sri Lakshmi Narayana Perumal Kovil: One of the massive and colorful temples in Sri Lanka, is a newly restored temple complex. It is a popular Hindu temple though it was just constructed in 2011. Book American Airlines Flights to visit this elegant temple of Lord Vishnu and Laxmi Devi.
● Sri Dalada Maligawa: Also known as the temple of the sacred tooth relic. It resides in the royal complex and known to have a tooth that belonged to Buddha. It is also one of the holiest shrines in the Buddhist community.